A power failure in the NSF Data Center Thursday evening caused all servers to shut down. This means that NSF IT Systems are unavailable to NSF staff and our research community of proposers and awardees.
Here is what you should know:
- NSF is currently in the process of restarting the NSF Data Center and ensuring all systems are fully operational.
Remote access is not available, with the exception of email. You can access email using Outlook from your NSF laptop or mobile device that is already configured for NSF email. You can also use Outlook Web App (OWA) from a non-NSF computer (see special instructions below); and
- Access to NSF systems, such as Research.gov, eJacket, InsideNSF, FastLane, and NSF.gov is not available.
Directions for accessing NSF email via Outlook Web App (OWA)
- If you are using Comcast to access the Internet, this solution may not work for you
- You can only access OWA if you have a working SecurID token
- Open your Internet browser, and go to outlook.com/nsf.gov
- Ignore the choice at the top between public and private computer. Also, ignore the checkbox at the bottom for using a different username.
- Use your NSF username, password, and passcode to log in; however, the order in which password and passcode appear is reversed. This means you need to enter your:
- Passcode (PIN + Tokencode)